Mech Sauce

News &

Attention California Residents!

Mech Sauce Eliquid Shipping to California

As of Today 2/14/17 we will not be shipping to the state of California. We are required to obtain a tobacco license in the state. I am sorry for the short notice. It was our negligence not doing the proper research on the upcoming regulations that were passed as of November 2016. We were under the impression that we had until April of this year to get everything in order but per the statement put on we actually were already supposed to have our license as of Jan. 2017. We deeply apologize and we promise we will make sure we move as fast as we possible can to get registered in the state and apply for the tobacco license.

Thanks for understanding. Again We apologize.



News Release

Contact: Office of Public Affairs


For Immediate Release

November 2, 2016

NR 90-16-G

eCigarette Sellers Required to Register for

Cigarette and Tobacco Products Retailer Licenses

Sacramento – Starting on January 1, 2017, sellers of electronic cigarettes (eCigarettes), vaping devices, and other related products will be required to obtain a Cigarette and Tobacco Products Retailer’s License from the California State Board of Equalization (BOE). This license must be obtained prior to making retail sales of these products to consumers. It will cost $265 for a 12-month period, and must be renewed annually at this cost.

In accordance with Senate Bill x2 5 products requiring licensing will now include: any product containing, made, or derived from nicotine; any electronic smoking or vaping device that delivers nicotine or other vaporized liquids to the person inhaling from the device; and any component, part, or accessory, even if it’s sold separately.

For example, selling eCigarettes, vaping tanks or mods, atomizers, and e-juice or e-liquid at a retail store will require a business to obtain a Cigarette and Tobacco Products Retailer’s License. However, these products are not subject to excise taxes imposed by the Cigarette and Tobacco Products Tax Law, and retailers will not be required to maintain purchase invoices or obtain these products from a BOE licensed cigarette or tobacco products distributor or wholesaler. This licensing requirement does not apply to cannabis-related vaping devices that are sold in properly licensed cannabis dispensaries.

Sellers of electronic cigarettes, vaping devices and other related products should also have a California Seller’s Permit. Retailers can register online. for the cigarette and tobacco products retailer license.

Beginning January 1, 2017, anyone found selling or gifting any of these products without obtaining a valid license is in violation of the law and subject to a misdemeanor citation and seizure of inventory. Products seized by the BOE or other law enforcement agency are deemed forfeited and cannot be returned by law.

For more information on the new license requirement, read the BOE’s special notice.