Many vapers around the world have taken to the sport of “cloud chasing.” The goal is to see who can create the largest vape clouds using their vaping device. Some even call this “stunt vaping” and take part in vape competitions seeing who can blow out the most prominent, thickest clouds. This is a sport that has fans, sponsors, teams, and cash prizes.
Negative Aspects of Cloud Chasing
When you’re doing it in settings that you should not be doing it in. For instance, the vaper is blowing out huge clouds at the grocery store and forcing others to inhale their vapor. These people have given vaping a lousy name encouraging vaping restrictions and bans. They also negatively influence the public perception of the vaping culture.
Top Tips for Cloud Chasing
Here are some ways to cloud chase responsibly and how to create the biggest clouds possible. Those who participate in this are usually very passionate about it. Many vapers are continually working to rebuild their MODs to find the best setup for blowing the biggest clouds. These tips can help you to blow the biggest and thickest clouds possible, but it can be dangerous if you don’t educate yourself first.
- Battery Safety: There have been many cases of MODs exploding in user’s face, causing some severe injury. This is often caused by an amateur cloud chaser not understanding their device. Never leave your battery charging unattended. This can end up causing your battery to explode or catch fire. An overcharged cell can result in the same. Also, never use a charger that isn’t compatible with your device. With that said, make sure that your battery is powerful enough. If you’re using a battery that’s too small, it won’t help you to produce huge clouds of vapor.
- Airflow: The correct airflow will contribute to making your clouds bigger. If there is not enough airflow coming into the device, it can lead to overheating of your MOD. If there is too much airflow to your device, it will also affect how big your clouds are. It is imperative that you find that happy medium where you can create the biggest clouds without causing your device to overheat. This will take some trial and error on your part. It is better to start with as much airflow as your equipment allows and decreasing it until you find that sweet spot.
- The Right Ratio in the E-Liquid: Your choice in e-juice is another crucial part of creating the biggest clouds. E-liquid is made up of a combination of propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, flavoring, and nicotine (thought you can have nicotine-free with very small traces of nicotine). The correct mix of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin will allow you to create more massive clouds without having a harsh hit. E-liquids that have a higher percentage of vegetable glycerin will generate denser, thicker vape clouds than one with a higher propylene glycol percentage. The front of the bottle usually will show the VG/PG ratio. For the best cloud chasing results, e-liquids with 80% or higher VG will be ideal.
- MOD Setup: The MOD that you use is another important part of cloud chasing. Find a unit that offers a low resistant coil. An improperly made MOD can overheat, explode, and even catch fire. Many cloud chasers choose to use mechanical MODs. They have better airflow allowing for bigger clouds. These types of MODs require you to be knowledgeable about the device and aren’t well suited for beginners.
- Your Technique: An important aspect of cloud creation. Those with the biggest lung capacity will have an easier time creating huge clouds of vapor. When you exhale, exhale slowly to make your clouds appear bigger while dispersing slower.
- Absorbent Wicking Materials: Wicking is another critical aspect of cloud chasing. Inside of the atomizer, an absorbent wick helps your e-juice get to the coil. A wick that’s more absorbent will help your juice reach the coil quicker.
- Building Your Setup: Many cloud chasers choose to make their own setups. By using low-resistant coils and having the perfect airflow, you will create much larger vape clouds. There is no single best option when it comes to building your MOD, so you will have to experiment with it to find the perfect cloud chasing device.